Home health care means providing health care services for an illness or injury in the convenience of your home. The most common services availed are Home Nursing, Basic Bedside Assistant, Skilled Nursing at Home, Registered Nurse Services at Home, Medical Doctor visit atHome.
Such health care services are generally provided by medical professionals like doctors, nurses, physiotherapist etc. There are certain organizations that provide health care services, One Life Home Healthcare is one such.
Your loved one may be anxious about losing his/her independence or may not be comfortable with a stranger taking care of him/her. Therefore before making the decision to hire home health care services make sure that your loved one is comfortable with the idea. Let’s see what you have to look for before zeroing in on an organization that provides such services.
- You have to check if the health care organisation has the required permits or registrations.
- If you are looking for an organisation to provide such services, look for ratings and reviews from an independent source.
- Find out what services the organization offers and whether it fulfills the needs of your loved one.
- Find out the organisation’s recruitment policy for their medical staff.
- Check if the medical staff have the required certificates and licenses to render such services.
- Whether the staff is on their payroll or freelancers
- Verify whether caregiver is insured.
- Ask if the organisation gives the medical staff some training on how to give care.
- Find out about emergency procedures and contingency plans that the care giver has in place.
- In case of home care, it is essential for the caregiver to assess the family situation, evaluate the needs of the patient and consult the patient’s physician and family members.
- Ascertain whether they provide 24-hour care and support.
- Check for availability of dieticians, counselors, therapists or other specialists, if needed.
- Evaluate the organization’s quality monitoring procedures of caregiving and the degree of accountability.
- The financial aspects have to be considered. Ask for a detailed summary explaining all costs involved and also for available payment methods.
- Find out whether their costs are covered by insurance.
- Once you have selected the organisation to provide health care services, read their terms and conditions, rights and responsibilities of the parties involved thoroughly.
- Make sure that the caregiver is friendly, compassionate and patient towards your loved one.
Home health care has a lot of advantages for both the patient and his/her family, however, it is important to hire the right kind of service that suits the needs of your loved one. It is essential that you feel safe and confident with the service that is provided for your loved one to convalesce.
Visit our website at www.onelifehealthcare.in to find out more about the services we provide, our care standards and testimonials from patients who have benefited from our services. Go through our FAQs and call us on our toll-free number 1800 425 19999 to book an appointment or for any other queries.