Lower back pain is a common complaint. Almost every one of us has experienced it at some point in our lives. That does not mean that one has to grin and bear it. There are various treatment options to get rid of the pain.
The lower back is also called the lumbar spine that is the region below the rib cage. It is a complex structure consisting of bones, joints, nerves, ligaments, and muscles which work together to provide the mobility, strength, and support required to perform tasks.
Some common causes of lower back pain:
- Manual labor involving lifting heavy materials
- Sedentary jobs or prolonged sitting
- Strain due to excessive stretching (twisting or bending)
How to prevent back pain?
- Keeping the right posture while sitting, standing or lifting things are some of the simplest ways to keep lower back problems at bay.
- A strong core is your armor against back pain. A strong core provides good support for the lower back.
- Whether young or old, athletic or not one must lift heavy objects correctly. It is always advisable to keep your back straight and bend your knees while lifting things.
- Make sure to get adequate physical exercise as overall health affects the spine. A combination of adequate rest and exercise can go a long way towards protecting your lower back and preventing injuries.
- Professional massage therapy can help relieve chronic low back pain
- Acupuncture is an effective pain reliever
- There are pain medications and injections to relieve pain
- Physiotherapy or rehabilitation programs are quite effective in healing back pain and in strengthening the back to avoid further damage
- The last and final resort is surgery. Surgery is considered in some cases of musculoskeletal injuries or nerve compression. Of course, all surgeries carry some risk.
How One Life can help you in this?
If you have a history of back pain issues or bone problems, it is advisable to consult our experienced physiotherapists and doctors at One Life, for exercises and therapies to suit your specific needs. To book a home visit, call us or visit our website.